Pages

Monday 1 September 2014

My favourite... Food!

This week, I thought I would cover a popular topic with all runners. Food! I'm going to cover two different options that I love to have for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Dinner
First up is dinner, I often like to make meals that will last my family more than one night. I also like to create meals that I can add a variety of vegetables. 


Mince chow mein
My favourite dinner, I can sneak lots of vegetables in this and it can last us two nights. It's the only way we use cabbage in our household too.


Pad thai

I order this when we dine out at our local Thai restaurant. Now I've found a yummy recipe I can make at home.

Lunch
Next is lunch. I often need to make something quick and tasty as often the children are tired and want to get to bed soon after lunch. I often make pancakes or pasta for my children too, plain pasta is the most favourite lunch for them. Cheap and easy!

Brown rice and tuna
A quick and easy lunch, I buy the bags of rice that only take 90 seconds in the microwave. I also add a small tin of tuna, usually lemon pepper flavoured.

Wholemeal wrap with lettuce, tomato, carrot, capsicum and tuna
Something I've just started having again,  was an old favourite and one day I just felt like something fresh and yummy.

Breakfast
Breakfast can be a hectic time in our household, we often rush out the door with it half eaten. Or often if we are staying home, I let the kids snack through out the morning.

Quick oats
This tastes yummy and is nice and warming on a cold miserable winters morning. I buy the sachets that only take 90 seconds in the microwave. It's great that they come in a variety of flavours and the kids wolf it down!

Peanut butter on toast
Peanut butter on toast, quick and easy, my go to breakfast! This is also my race or training day breakfast.

Snacks
I have also included a couple of my favourite snacks. We often have a morning and afternoon snack in our household due to the children being hungry (all the time!).

Mixed nuts, dried cranberries and dark chocolate with a coffee

A yummy snack, only a handful is enough. I buy from the bins at my local supermarket. I generally only have one coffee in the morning with my breakfast,  but sometimes if I'm struggling to get through a long afternoon, a coffee helps!

Carrot, Kumara and pumpkin hummus with a glass of water

A refreshing snack that's easy to prepare if you keep cut up carrot in a cup of water in your fridge. I also love to use celery instead of carrot, and I also like to use plain hummus too.

What are your favourite meals? Any easy clean meal ideas you have that I could incorporate into my family's menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment